Rooibos Tea Health Benefits... This red tea is healthy and delicious!
Rooibos tea health benefits have been valued in South Africa for centuries.
Now, the reputation of this vibrantly colored, sweet-tasting, healing tea is growing in many other countries. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Rooibos tea is rich in powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants are good things - not only do they slow the aging process, reverse the visible signs of aging (like wrinkles), and fight inflammation, but they can help to protect us from chronic disease, as well.
- Rooibos tea benefits also include a healthy liver - this red tea promotes healthy liver functioning and may inhibit the development of fatty liver disease.
- Rooibos is also popular for occasional sleeplessness. On your next sleepless night, make a soothing cup of Rooibos tea to calm and relax you and encourage sleep.
- Rooibos tea can calm you. It's caffeine free and it keeps your body's cortisol levels (a.k.a. the stress hormone) low.
- Rooibos tea encourages healthy digestion and supports the
digestive system in so many ways. This tea may help to relieve diarrhea, ease nausea, and stop vomiting. It may help to fight colitis. Rooibos is
perhaps most well-known for its ability to quickly soothe an
- Rooibos tea is good for heart health, and it can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, as well.
That's not all - you'll find more Rooibos tea benefits here!
The many Rooibos tea health benefits - along with its vibrant color,
distinctive aroma, and wonderful taste - are making this tea a favorite
choice of many. Learn more about this delicious, versatile tea here. If you haven't tried Rooibos tea, why not treat
yourself? It is available in so many amazing blends - your taste buds
will thank you, and your body will, too!
Rooibos Tea Benefits & You!
Do you have a comment, opinion, or advice to share about Rooibos tea? We'd love to hear from you! Whether you enjoy Rooibos to help keep you calm, to manage insomnia, to keep your digestion working as it should, or for any other reason, please tell us about it! Join the conversation below to share your experience with Rooibos tea with our other readers...
So many Rooibos tea health benefits... But are there any risks or side effects?
While Rooibos tea is such a fragrant, enjoyable tea, much has yet to be learned about the benefits of drinking Rooibos tea. Current research about Rooibos tea hasn't uncovered any side effects associated with Rooibos tea; even so, it's best to ask your healthcare provider about safe amounts of Rooibos tea for you, especially if you are taking prescription medications, have liver or kidney concerns, or are currently being treated for (or have a history of) cancer.
And check with your healthcare professional before giving Rooibos tea to children or infants or drinking it yourself if you are pregnant or nursing.
Rooibos tea is an herbal tea and, unlike teas from the Camellia sinensis tea plant,
Rooibos tea is caffeine free and won't leave you with the caffeine
'blues' or any other possible caffeine side effects (insomnia,
headaches, etc.). So, if you are sensitive to caffeine or are watching your caffeine intake, Rooibos may be a good choice for you!
More about Rooibos Tea Benefits
Rooibos Tea Health Benefits - Discover how this delicious, fragrant herbal tea can benefit your physical, emotional, and mental health.
Rooibos Tea Benefits & You - We'd love to hear about your experience with Rooibos tea! If you have some comments or advice about Rooibos tea for health and wellness, please share your story with our other readers here.
Rooibos Tea Recipes - Whether you love Rooibos tea hot, cold, or for its many topical benefits, you'll find a wonderful recipe on our 'Rooibos Tea Recipes' pages.
Rooibos Tea for Detox - Is your body needing a detox? Learn more about some rejuvenating, cleansing herbal teas (including Rooibos) that are ideal detox teas.
What is Rooibos? You've been hearing about Rooibos tea, but would like to know more before you try it (including how to pronounce 'Rooibos')! Get to know this herbal tisane on our 'What is Rooibos?' page.
Rooibos Tea or Red Tea - Are 'Rooibos tea' and 'Red tea' the same thing? Well, that depends...