Rooibos benefits physical, mental, and emotional health!
Rooibos benefits have been known and valued in South Africa for many years, and, in other parts of the world, we are just beginning to appreciate the many health and wellness properties of this naturally sweet, vibrantly colored tea.
Rooibos tea health benefits include improved heart health, immune system support, relief from allergy symptoms, and so much more! This South African red tea is good for health and well-being - read on to discover some of the ways!
- Rooibos tea promotes healthy blood sugar levels and supports the body in using glucose properly.
- Rooibos tea provides vitamin C and a variety of minerals, including calcium and manganese, which are both important for strong, healthy bones and teeth. Rooibos also contains iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium.
- Because Rooibos tea is rich with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, it encourages a healthy immune system.
- Rooibos tea may help ease a headache. Rooibos contains magnesium (a.k.a the 'relaxation' mineral), which helps to increase your brain's blood flow and may help protect against headaches and migraines.
- Rooibos can bring relief from allergy and hay fever symptoms, too.
Recipes to enjoy Rooibos Benefits
Click here for some simple recipes for hot or iced Rooibos... or Rooibos tea for a spa bath!
- Research is also targeting the potential benefits of Rooibos tea in
weight management, in helping with
menopause symptoms, and in aiding those with Alzheimer's disease or
other conditions of cognitive decline.
Did you know...
Rooibos tea is also called 'red tea,' 'bush tea,' 'redbush tea,' and 'South African red tea.' What 'red tea' is depends somewhat on where you live... click here to learn more.
Why not try...
- If you usually choose Rooibos tea bags, don't be afraid to venture into the world of loose leaf Rooibos tea! Not only will you discover a plethora of new tea blends, but you may find an extra richness in the flavor of the Rooibos loose tea as compared to the tea bags. Not sure how to make a cup of tea with loose tea? Click here for some tips.
- If you already know and love Rooibos tea, why not try Green Rooibos? Green Rooibos tea, while more difficult to find and slightly more costly than red Rooibos, contains the same Rooibos benefits, and has an earthy, rich flavor.
What are the risks of drinking Rooibos tea?
Rooibos benefits aside, we're still getting to know Rooibos tea, so be sure to check with your healthcare provider about safe amounts of Rooibos for you (especially if you're pregnant or nursing, are on any prescribed medications, have liver or kidney concerns, or are being treated for or have a history of cancer).
And, of course, ask your healthcare professional before giving Rooibos tea to infants or children.
More about Rooibos Tea Benefits
Rooibos Tea Health Benefits - Discover how this delicious, fragrant herbal tea can benefit your physical, emotional, and mental health.
Rooibos Tea Benefits & You - We'd love to hear about your experience with Rooibos tea! If you have some comments or advice about Rooibos tea for health and wellness, please share your story with our other readers here.
Rooibos Tea Recipes - Whether you love Rooibos tea hot, cold, or for its many topical benefits, you'll find a wonderful recipe on our 'Rooibos Tea Recipes' pages.
Rooibos Tea for Detox - Is your body needing a detox? Learn more about some rejuvenating, cleansing herbal teas (including Rooibos) that are ideal detox teas.
What is Rooibos? You've been hearing about Rooibos tea, but would like to know more before you try it (including how to pronounce 'Rooibos')! Get to know this herbal tisane on our 'What is Rooibos?' page.
Rooibos Tea or Red Tea - Are 'Rooibos tea' and 'Red tea' the same thing? Well, that depends...