Peppermint Tea Recipes
You'll find a peppermint tea recipe here whether you love your peppermint tea hot, iced, or as a therapeutic peppermint tea steam.
Peppermint tea is so delicious hot or iced - or even at room temperature! And, peppermint tea is not just a refreshing, healthful beverage - it can also be used in a therapeutic, healing steam when you're feeling under the weather.
Hot Peppermint Tea Recipe
This simple recipe for peppermint tea will let you enjoy the wonderful taste and many health benefits of peppermint tea.
- 1 peppermint teabag, 1 heaping teaspoon of dried peppermint loose-leaf tea, or a small handful (1 - 2 stalks) of fresh, blemish-free peppermint leaves (why not grow your own?)
- 8 oz. (about 250 ml) fresh, delicious water, brought just to the boil
- Optional additions to taste, such as honey, sugar, citrus, or milk
To make the tea...
- If you're using fresh peppermint leaves, rinse the leaves well and then crush them slightly with your hands, the back of a spoon, or a mortar and pestle (this will help to release their lovely fragrance and wonderful beneficial oils).
- Add the teabag, loose-leaf tea, or fresh leaves to your favorite cup or mug. (If you're using loose-leaf tea or fresh leaves, an infuser or infuser mug is a great idea)
- Cool the just-boiled water slightly (herbal teas are best when steeped in hot, steamy - but not boiling - water), and then add to your cup.
- Cover your fragrant peppermint tea and let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes (herbal teas improve with longer steeping times - their flavor is enhanced and you'll enjoy their fullest health benefits). Brew fresh leaves a minute or two longer than dried leaves or a teabag.
- Remove the teabag or tea leaves from your cup.
- Optional - Add extras of choice, such as honey, milk, or a squeeze of lemon or lime (or both). For a decadent treat, how about adding a slice of orange, a dollop of whipped cream, and a cinnamon stick to your steamy peppermint tea?
- Enjoy! Don't forget to inhale your aromatic cup of tea to enjoy peppermint's aromatherapy benefits, as well.
Depending on your taste preferences, you may decide to add more or fewer dried or fresh peppermint tea leaves the next time you try this peppermint tea recipe. It's up to you! :)
This recipe increases so well... and a fragrant, steamy pot of peppermint tea is wonderful to share with a girlfriend or your mom - or, of course, to savor yourself with a few chapters of your favorite book.
Not too cold or too hot...
If you have thyroid concerns and tend to avoid iced or very cold beverages (or just don't like extreme temperatures in your beverages), remember that peppermint tea is a drink that is thoroughly enjoyable and delicious served at room temperature, too.
So many health benefits, too - you can't beat this amazing herbal tea.
Peppermint tea is absolutely wonderful, iced, as well (you'll find a recipe for iced peppermint tea here).
And, if you're wondering how to make peppermint tea for a therapeutic steam, you'll find that recipe here.
Peppermint has been celebrated for centuries for its many health and wellness benefits, and we continue to love and use this herb not only for health and healing, but also in culinary endeavors.
Brew up some comforting, healthful peppermint tea today with this simple peppermint tea recipe - you'll love this amazing herbal tisane hot, warm, or iced.
Why not try...
- Make sure the water you use for making tea is fresh, clean, and healthy. Get some tips for choosing the most healthy water for tea here.
- Peppermint tea is wonderful for experimenting with tea blends. If you've been thinking of starting to blend your own teas, peppermint tea is a great place to start! Why not begin simply and blend peppermint with chamomile tea for the ultimate in relaxation, or peppermint with ginger tea to soothe a troubled tummy?
- Did you know that peppermint tea has topical benefits, too? Learn more here.
More about Peppermint Tea Benefits
Peppermint Tea Benefits - Discover the multitude of ways soothing, delicious, fragrant peppermint tea is so very good for health and wellness.
Peppermint Tea Benefits & You! - Read what other visitors to our site have to say about peppermint tea benefits, and why not share about your experience with peppermint tea, too?
Peppermint Tea Recipes - Whether you love your peppermint tea hot, iced, or even in a therapeutic peppermint tea steam, you'll find a recipe - plus tips for making peppermint tea - here!
Growing Peppermint - Did you know it's very simple to grow and harvest your own peppermint? Just imagine... you'll be able to enjoy fresh, fragrant peppermint tea whenever you want!
Your Tips for Growing and Harvesting Peppermint - If you have some helpful suggestions for growing and harvesting your own peppermint for tea, please share them with our other budding gardeners! And see comments and tips from other visitors to our site, too.
Peppermint Tea Side Effects - Be sure to stay informed about any potential peppermint tea side effects, risks, and contraindications for you and your family.