More Health Benefits of Ginger Tea
The many health benefits of ginger tea are very good reasons to try this herbal tea - not to mention ginger tea's delightfully spicy taste and aroma!
Adding herbal tisanes (such as ginger tea) to our everyday diet is a small, simple change that can have profound results for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness.
The list of health benefits of ginger tea is a lengthy one! Keep reading to learn more about how very good this herbal tisane is for health and wellness (if you missed our other Ginger Tea Benefits pages, they begin here).
- Ginger tea is chock-full of antioxidants! Antioxidants are organisms that protect our cells against the harmful effects of free radicals, strengthen the immune system, and help to prevent diabetes, cancer, and other chronic diseases. Antioxidants are an essential part of a healthy diet, and steeping a cup of ginger tea for yourself is a simple, lovely way to add more antioxidants to your day!
- Boost your vitamin and mineral intake with ginger tea, which is rich in zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, C, and D.
- Ginger tea has anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, and anti-viral benefits, meaning this versatile beverage works to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria and fight parasites and viruses (such as bothersome cold and flu viruses).
- Fight inflammation with ginger tea. Low-grade chronic inflammation is linked to so many ailments and diseases (including cancer, heart disease, diabetes, infertility, PCOS, obesity, Alzheimer's, and more). Ginger tea's remarkable anti-inflammatory properties can help to fight the harmful inflammatory process.
- Ginger tea's blood-thinning properties may benefit heart health by encouraging healthy blood vessels, improving circulation, lessening the risk of blocked arteries, and helping to prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Drinking ginger tea is an excellent way to stimulate circulation. Poor circulation can lead to a variety of health concerns (such as constipation, painful joints, fatigue, headaches, and varicose veins). Ginger is well-known for improving blood flow, and brewing ginger in a tea provides additional circulatory support by giving your body some extra hydration, as well.
- Laboratory studies examining ginger's cancer-fighting properties suggest that ginger may help to fight and prevent certain types of cancer, including colorectal, breast, leukemia, ovarian, and pancreatic cancers. While more study is needed, some research indicates that the active ingredients in ginger can halt the growth and spread of certain cancer cells that are typically resistant to conventional medicine and chemotherapy.
New to Ginger Tea?
Before you add any new herbal tea (including ginger tea) to your tea cupboard, pay a visit to your herbal practitioner or healthcare provider and ask her if that tea is a good choice for you and your family. You can visit our Ginger Tea Side Effects page to learn more about potential risks associated with drinking ginger tea, as well.
Herbal teas are soothing, refreshing, inexpensive, and widely available, and they help to protect us not only from everyday health concerns, like the common cold, but also from chronic illness, such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
And, herbal teas come without many of the worrisome side effects that so often accompany prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Ginger tea is one of the most beloved herbal teas around the world - with good reason! Delightfully spicy and fragrant, ginger tea has so much to offer for good health.
Why not try...
- Add a bit of ginger - fresh, dried, powdered, even candied - to your black, green, or another tea! It will spice up your tea's taste and aroma, and give you some extra health benefits, as well.
- Apply a ginger tea compress to aching muscles or painful arthritic joints for quick, effective relief.
More about Ginger Tea Benefits
Benefits of Ginger Tea - You'll find lots of information about the wonderful benefits of this fragrant, tasty herbal tea for health and wellness here.
Ginger Tea Benefits & You! - If you've experienced ginger tea's benefits for health and wellness, why not share your story with our other readers? And, read what other visitors to our site have to say about ginger tea health benefits, too.
Ginger Tea Recipes - Making ginger tea from scratch is so very simple - and absolutely delicious! Try our recipes for a ginger tea bath and ginger tea compress, too.
Ginger Tea Side Effects - As delightful and healthy as ginger tea is, it's still essential to be aware of any potential side effects and precautions associated with this tea.
Ginger Tea Research - Interested in what recent studies have to say about ginger tea for health and wellness? Drop by our Ginger Tea Research pages.