Rooibos Tea Recipes - Enjoy Rooibos hot, iced, or even in your bath!
With the help of these easy Rooibos tea recipes, make your own hot or iced Rooibos tea - or even create a soothing, healing spa bath with Rooibos herbal tea! And why not treat your complexion to a calming, fragrant Rooibos tea steam?
So, you've been hearing about the many health benefits of South African Rooibos herbal tea and would like to brew a cup and try it for yourself...
Making a cup of this tea is simple and very much like brewing any other herbal tea - just follow one of these simple Rooibos tea recipes.
Hot Rooibos Tea
- 1 Rooibos teabag or 1 teaspoon of Rooibos loose leaf tea (in an infuser, or you can use an infuser mug)
- Boiling water
- Optional - lemon, milk, sweeter (such as honey - but remember, Rooibos tea is naturally sweet, fruity, and aromatic, so you may not want to add any sweetener!)
To make the tea...
- Add the teabag or loose tea to your favorite cup.
- Pour boiling water over.
- Let your Rooibos tea steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, remove the tea bag or infuser.
- Optional - Add extras (like honey or lemon) to taste, but take a sip first - you may find you love Rooibos just as it is!
Iced Rooibos Tea
Rooibos tea is also wonderful iced - a healthy, nutritious, refreshing substitute for cold fruit juices or soft drinks for you (and your children) on hot summer days!
- 2 - 3 Rooibos teabags or 2 - 3 teaspoons of Rooibos loose leaf tea (in an infuser, or use an infuser mug)
- Boiling water
- Optional - fruit juices, soda water, your favorite wine (for an adult version), or ginger ale to mix; fresh fruit or herbs; sweetener to taste (but you will likely find you don't need any extra sweetener for naturally sweet Rooibos!)
To make the iced tea...
- Add the teabags or loose tea to your cup.
- Pour boiling water over.
- Steep the Rooibos for 5 to 10 minutes, and then remove the teabags or infuser.
- Now, you can pour the tea right into a tall glass of ice, or you can chill the tea to enjoy over ice later.
- Optional - For something different, add fruit juice, fresh fruits, herbs, ginger ale... whatever your taste buds are craving!
This recipe multiples well - just remember to use about twice as many
teabags (or twice as much Rooibos loose leaf tea) when you're making
the iced version.
Mix a pitcher of iced Rooibos to enjoy with
your family on a hot summer's afternoon or on your own as you relax in
the hammock with your favorite summertime read!
Rooibos Tea Recipes for Topical Use
Rooibos tea isn't only for enjoying as a calming, refreshing beverage - believe it or not, it's well known for its topical benefits, too!
With its anti-inflammatory qualities, Rooibos can soothe and relieve inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, baby's diaper rash, sunburn, itchiness, or eczema. Rooibos is even valued for reducing the surface signs of aging (like wrinkles!) and can be found as an ingredient in a variety of skincare and cosmetic products. And, researchers are studying the effectiveness of Rooibos in protecting against and as a treatment for skin cancer.
To make Rooibos tea for topical use, simply brew regular strength pure
Rooibos tea, as in the recipe for Hot Rooibos Tea above. (Be sure to use pure Rooibos tea - no blends!) Add 2 or 3
cups of brewed Rooibos tea to bath water for a calming, sweetly scented
bath. Or, when cooled, Rooibos tea can be applied gently to an inflamed
area of skin for soothing relief.
A therapeutic Rooibos Tea Steam is another way to thoroughly enjoy the topical benefits of this amazingly healthful herbal tea! Learn more about Rooibos Tea Steams here.
These Rooibos tea recipes are simple ways to enjoy the appealing taste
and health benefits of Rooibos. When you buy Rooibos tea, you'll often
find it offered in delicious blends, many of which will be just as
enjoyable iced as hot.
Rooibos is a versatile tea that is wonderful
combined with other flavors, so don't be afraid to experiment with new
Why not try...
- Creating your own Rooibos tea recipes by adding your favorite flavors or beverages to this basic iced Rooibos tea recipe... How about a tropical flavor, like pineapple, mango, or passion fruit juice? Maybe some fresh fruit or herbs? A fruity wine? Or a dash of ginger ale...
- A Rooibos tea steam to enjoy more of this tea's amazing topical benefits!
More about Rooibos Tea Benefits
Rooibos Tea Health Benefits - Discover how this delicious, fragrant herbal tea can benefit your physical, emotional, and mental health.
Rooibos Tea for Babies - Here are some of the reasons why so many parents around the world choose Rooibos tea for their infants and children.
Rooibos Tea & Your Baby - Read what other visitors to our site are saying about Rooibos tea for babies, and please join the conversation and share your thoughts and experiences about Rooibos tea for your little one, too!
Rooibos Tea Benefits & You - We'd love to hear about your experience with Rooibos tea! If you have some comments or advice about Rooibos tea for health and wellness, please share your story with our other readers here.
Rooibos Tea Recipes - Whether you love Rooibos tea hot, cold, or for its many topical benefits, you'll find a wonderful recipe on our 'Rooibos Tea Recipes' pages.
What is Rooibos? You've been hearing about Rooibos tea, but would like to know more before you try it (including how to pronounce 'Rooibos')! Get to know this herbal tisane on our 'What is Rooibos?' page.
Rooibos Tea or Red Tea - Are 'Rooibos tea' and 'Red tea' the same thing? Well, that depends...