Cinnamon Health Benefits... Add more health to your diet with cinnamon tea!
Cinnamon health benefits may not be the reason why many of us reach for a spicy, soothing cup of cinnamon tea... but once you realize how very good this herbal brew is for you, you'll be sure to keep some cinnamon tea (or cinnamon sticks to make your own) on hand!
From soothing your stomach to improving your memory to easing a throbbing headache, cinnamon tea provides countless benefits for health and wellness. (If you missed our first page about Cinnamon Tea Health Benefits, you'll find it here.)
More Health Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
- Cinnamon is rich in polyphenols, which are natural compounds that can stabilize blood sugar and help you feel satisfied and balanced - meaning you may crave fewer sweets!
- In addition to stabilizing blood sugar levels, cinnamon may also improve insulin function, which could lower the risk of diabetes.
- More cinnamon health benefits targeting diabetes - for people with type 2 diabetes, cinnamon may reduce the risk factors associated with diabetes and heart disease.
- Cinnamon tea is good for digestion! Not only does cinnamon soothe and calm your stomach and intestines, but it helps to reduce gas and relieve flatulence, too. Cinnamon improves colon function and health, and you can relieve nausea, diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting with cinnamon tea. And, cinnamon can help to reduce stomach ulcers.
- Ease pain with cinnamon tea. From painful menstrual cramps to a throbbing headache or blinding migraine, cinnamon health benefits include comforting pain relief.
- And, if your muscles are especially sore after your next workout, brew a cup of cinnamon tea! Research shows that cinnamon can reduce muscle pain and soreness after exercise.
- Cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese and calcium, which are essential for healthy skin and bones. Cinnamon is also a very good source of fiber, which works together with calcium to support colon and heart health.
- Because cinnamon tea is rich in minerals and antioxidants, it supports a healthy immune system, as well.
How much cinnamon do you need to experience cinnamon health benefits?
In a study of people with type 2 diabetes, as little as 1 gram of cinnamon (that's about 1/3 teaspoon) per day helped to reduce their blood sugar levels, triglycerides, and bad cholesterol.
Cinnamon Tea is Good for Your Mind, Too!
Here are some mental health benefits of cinnamon tea!
- Get a boost of mental (and physical) energy from cinnamon. Feeling mentally exhausted or lethargic? Suffering from your usual mid-afternoon slump? Merely smelling cinnamon can boost your brain activity, immediately improving your memory, your ability to concentrate, and your performance in a variety of cognitive tasks!
- Recent research is targeting cinnamon's potential ability to prevent the development of Alzheimer's disease and slow the progression of other diseases that lead to a decline in cognitive functioning.
Other Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
- Cinnamon can enhance romance! Planning a romantic evening? Add a cinnamon stick to your favorite
dessert tea or serve a spicy tea blend that includes cinnamon in the
mix... Cinnamon is known as an aphrodisiac. Studies indicate that men
are very drawn to the aroma of cinnamon, and it can put them in a
romantic mood. Plus, cinnamon tea beautifully complements fruit desserts
- Improve your mood with cinnamon tea. If you love the sweet, earthy aroma of cinnamon, just breathing in the fragrance of cinnamon tea can do wonders for your mood. The smell and color of autumn, cinnamon tea is sure to bring treasured memories to mind (for me, it's my mom's amazing homemade cinnamon buns on a Saturday afternoon...)
These are just a few of cinnamon tea's benefits... Learn more about cinnamon tea health benefits here!
Cinnamon tea is chock full of health and wellness benefits, but please remember that it's important to stay informed about its potential risks, too. You can learn more about possible cinnamon tea side effects, risks, and contraindications here.
The spicy, soothing taste and fragrant aroma of cinnamon tea are enough to make this herbal brew a beloved favorite... And the many cinnamon health benefits make this tea an even smarter choice! Steep a cup of cinnamon tea, savor that first whiff, delight in the first soothing sip - and enjoy, knowing you're providing your body and mind with a multitude of cinnamon benefits!
Why not try...
- Combine cinnamon and fresh ginger for a nurturing, healing tea if you have a chill or if you feel a cold or flu coming on
- To help ease and cure a cough (and for additional health benefits, too), add some natural honey to your cinnamon tea
- Choose organic cinnamon tea - healthy for you and for our planet!