Benefits of Ginger Tea for Health & Wellness
The health and wellness benefits of ginger tea include soothing aches and pains, encouraging good digestion, warding off colds and chills, and much, much more.
Spicy, comforting, and so simple to make from scratch, ginger tea is a potent healer that has been treasured in traditional herbal medicine for many years.
If you've been thinking of trying ginger tea, not only will you be treating yourself to a delightful, fragrant beverage, but you'll be enjoying these many benefits of ginger tea for physical, emotional, and mental health, as well.
- Support good digestion with ginger tea. Ginger tea is perhaps best known for its ability to help your digestive system work as it should. Ginger tea has a soothing effect on tummy troubles, and can quickly and effectively relieve indigestion, gassiness, and constipation. Settling overactive stomach acids is another gift of this herbal tea.
- Ginger tea can relieve nausea, too. If you're feeling extremely queasy, sipping soothing ginger tea may keep you from throwing up. This herbal tisane is also known as an effective remedy for motion sickness and seasickness. Just to be prepared, why not tuck a few ginger teabags or a thermos or your favorite travel mug filled with hot or iced ginger tea in your purse or carry-on bag the next time you travel?
- A cup of ginger tea can lessen feelings of dizziness, as well.
Benefits of Ginger Tea for Nausea
In Bharat B. Aggarwal's excellent book, 'Healing Spices,' he says "For thousands of years - in China, India, the Middle East, and the Roman Empire - traditional healers have turned to ginger to help quiet that queasy feeling." The next time you're struggling with nausea, sip some ginger tea for quick relief.
- Ginger tea may help relieve morning sickness during pregnancy (but please discuss herbal teas with your healthcare provider before using significant amounts of any herbs and spices while you're expecting).
- Ginger tea can loosen chest and sinus congestion.
- Soothe a sore throat and ease a cough with ginger tea. Drink (or gargle with) comforting ginger tea to ease a persistent cough, settle a raw or irritated throat, and break up phlegm. Ginger tea may help to relieve the symptoms of bronchitis, as well. Adding some soothing natural honey to your tea will provide additional health benefits and calming relief.
- If you need your singing or speaking voice to be at its very best for a special event or an important presentation at work, sip ginger tea beforehand to support, strengthen, and improve your vocal chords.
How much ginger tea is safe for me?
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center website, adults generally should not have more than 4g ginger (from all sources combined) daily. If you're expecting, please don't consume more than 1g ginger per day, and ask your healthcare provider if ginger tea is a safe choice for you and your baby. And, please check with your healthcare professional before giving ginger to tots under 2 years of age.
- Ginger tea's natural warming properties can ward off a cold or chill, and provide heartening relief from damp weather or cold temperatures. If a cold or flu has already settled in, sipping ginger tea throughout the day may help to get you feeling better sooner. Soaking in a soothing ginger tea bath can help you fight seasonal viruses, too.
- When nervousness, dehydration, stress, or a health condition has given you a dry mouth, try some ginger tea. Another of this tea's benefits is its ability to increase the secretion of saliva quickly.
- No toothpaste or mouthwash nearby? Freshen your breath naturally by sipping or rinsing with ginger tea.
These aren't all of the benefits of this lovely herbal tea... You'll find more ginger tea benefits here.
As so many of us seek more natural, healthful ways of managing common health issues and concerns, more and more of us are turning to the age-old, trusted wisdom of traditional herbal medicine.
Herbal tisanes - such as ginger tea - have been treasured for centuries not only for their delightful taste, but also for the countless ways they help and heal our bodies, our minds, and our spirits.
So many benefits of ginger tea... but does it have any side effects?
There are many ginger tea benefits for health and wellness, but please remember to check with your herbal practitioner or another healthcare provider about whether this herbal tea is a good choice for you and your family.
And, you can learn more about potential Ginger Tea Side Effects here.
Have A Great Story About Ginger Tea Benefits?
Do you have a great story about ginger tea and its benefits for good health? We'd love to hear it!
Do you enjoy ginger tea regularly to keep your digestion working as it should or to warm yourself when you're feeling chilled? Maybe you sip ginger tea to relieve back pain or period cramps. Or, is ginger tea part of your weight-management plan - helping to boost metabolism and curb those hunger pangs?
Whatever your experience with ginger tea, please share it with our other readers! Join the conversation below to share your thoughts and opinions about ginger tea health benefits with other visitors to our site...
Why not try...
- Making your own ginger tea from scratch! You'll be amazed at how simple it is and how wonderfully delicious home-made ginger tea is, and you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of ginger tea whenever you'd like.
- When you feel a cold or flu coming on, sip hot ginger tea throughout the day (no more than 3 - 4 cups) until you feel on the mend.
More about Ginger Tea Benefits
Benefits of Ginger Tea - You'll find lots of information about the wonderful benefits of this fragrant, tasty herbal tea for health and wellness here.
Ginger Tea Benefits & You! - If you've experienced ginger tea's benefits for health and wellness, why not share your story with our other readers? And, read what other visitors to our site have to say about ginger tea health benefits, too.
Ginger Tea Recipes - Making ginger tea from scratch is so very simple - and absolutely delicious! Try our recipes for a ginger tea bath and ginger tea compress, too.
Ginger Tea Side Effects - As delightful and healthy as ginger tea is, it's still essential to be aware of any potential side effects and precautions associated with this tea.
Ginger Tea Research - Interested in what recent studies have to say about ginger tea for health and wellness? Drop by our Ginger Tea Research pages.