More Benefits of Drinking Ginger Tea
The benefits of drinking ginger tea go far beyond this tea's delicious taste and spicy aroma! This popular herbal tea is good for health and wellness in a multitude of ways, as well.
Herbal teas are chock-full of healthful properties, and including these beneficial teas in your daily routine can encourage positive changes in your health, energy, mood, and well-being.
Ginger tea, for example, can encourage good digestion, relieve pain, boost metabolism, improve circulation, and much more.
Here are more benefits of drinking ginger tea (if you missed our first page of ginger tea benefits, you'll find it here).
- Relieve headaches, back pain, menstrual cramps, and other types of pain with soothing ginger tea. Ginger tea's anti-inflammatory qualities can help alleviate aches and pains - as (or even more) quickly and effectively as prescription and over-the-counter medications. Brew and sip some fragrant, warming ginger tea for natural relief that will stop pain in its tracks.
- Reduce muscle pain with ginger tea. Ginger contains a natural anti-inflammatory called 'gingerol,' which can help to reduce the muscle soreness that is so common after exercise, sports, or recreational activities, such as gardening, bowling, or playing with your kids or grandkids. Research has shown that daily consumption of ginger can reduce post-workout pain by up to 25%!
- Ginger tea may increase metabolism. Ginger tea is an excellent source of antioxidants, and those natural antioxidants can boost metabolism and encourage the body to burn fat more effectively. This means ginger tea may be a positive addition to your overall weight management plan, if you're trying to lose a few pounds.
- Curb hunger pangs by sipping ginger tea. Ginger tea's warming properties and superb flavor are other reasons why this tea might help you reach your weight-loss goals more quickly. Drink ginger tea with or between meals, and its warming properties will keep you feeling full longer. Enjoying flavorful foods and beverages (like ginger tea) helps us feel more satisfied and be less apt to snack, as well!
Ready to enjoy these benefits of drinking ginger tea?
If these ginger tea benefits have you thinking of making some ginger tea, try this simple recipe for Salabat, which is an absolutely delightful traditional ginger tea enjoyed in the Philippines.
- The high levels of antioxidants in ginger tea can also help to keep us looking young. One of the countless benefits of antioxidants is that they work to reverse the more visible signs of aging (like dull, dry skin, wrinkles, fine lines, and loss of skin elasticity). And even more benefits of drinking ginger tea... The extra hydration you get from sipping ginger tea nourishes your skin, as well. (Drop by our Tea and Aging page to learn more about the benefits of tea for skin health.)
- In traditional herbal medicine, ginger is valued as an aphrodisiac. If you're planning a romantic evening, consider adding some ginger tea to your dinner menu.
- Ginger tea's benefits aren't only enjoyed by drinking this delicious herbal brew... Ginger tea has impressive topical benefits, as well! Apply a ginger tea compress to bruises, aches, and pains for fast, natural relief. A compress of ginger tea can also alleviate joint stiffness and swelling, and reduce the pain of arthritis. And, soaking in a detoxifying ginger tea bath can help ward off a cold or chill, soothe aches and pains, and reduce anxiety after a stressful day. This fragrant bath will leave you smelling sweet and feeling refreshed, too.
Are there any risks in drinking ginger tea?
Although herbal teas are so well-known for the amazing ways they can help us, each herbal tea many not necessarily be the best fit for you. Before you add a new herbal tea to your tea cupboard or your bath time, ask your healthcare provider about any precautions, potential risks, or contraindications.
You can also read more about possible Ginger Tea Side Effects here.
We're not through yet... Keep reading about more ginger tea benefits here.
A well-stocked tea cupboard can provide healthy, refreshing hot or iced beverages for you and your family - and help and healing for many common ailments and health concerns, as well! Ginger tea, whether steeped and savored or used topically in a ginger tea compress or bath, is a powerful, versatile herbal tisane that can provide so many benefits for physical and emotional health and wellness.
Why not set aside some time today for some self-care, and brew a pot of spicy, soothing, delicious ginger tea just for you? Or, draw a healing ginger tea bath to relax and soak away the day's stresses.
Why not try...
- Ginger tea is just as delicious and refreshing iced as it is hot! Visit our Ginger Tea Recipes pages to find simple, tasty, recipes for hot and iced ginger tea, and recipes for a healing ginger tea compress and ginger tea bath, too.
More about Ginger Tea Benefits
Benefits of Ginger Tea - You'll find lots of information about the wonderful benefits of this fragrant, tasty herbal tea for health and wellness here.
Ginger Tea Benefits & You! - If you've experienced ginger tea's benefits for health and wellness, why not share your story with our other readers? And, read what other visitors to our site have to say about ginger tea health benefits, too.
Ginger Tea Recipes - Making ginger tea from scratch is so very simple - and absolutely delicious! Try our recipes for a ginger tea bath and ginger tea compress, too.
Ginger Tea Side Effects - As delightful and healthy as ginger tea is, it's still essential to be aware of any potential side effects and precautions associated with this tea.
Ginger Tea Research - Interested in what recent studies have to say about ginger tea for health and wellness? Drop by our Ginger Tea Research pages.