The Benefits of Cinnamon Tea go far beyond Its Soothing, Exotic Taste!
You can enjoy the many benefits of cinnamon tea whether you love a pure cinnamon tea or prefer it blended or added to other teas. Sweet, soothing, spicy, and a little bit exotic... Cinnamon is versatile and much-loved, a favorite not only in sweet and savory dishes, but in tea, as well!
The well-known spice is famous for its ease in blending with a variety of flavors - with other teas, spices, fruits, and herbs - to create intoxicating tea blends.
Cinnamon tea is chock full of good things - for your body, your mind, and even for romance!
Health Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
- Bad cholesterol levels too high? Lower your cholesterol - and protect your heart health - with cinnamon tea. Research tells us that consuming cinnamon tea may help lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Cinnamon has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon fights viruses (such as cold and flu viruses), inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria (like E. coli or the bacteria that causes UTIs), and combats infections (such as medication-resistant yeast infections caused by the fungus Candida albicans).
- Cinnamon is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation has been linked to many health concerns and harmful diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cancer, diabetes, infertility, obesity, PCOS, IBS, Crohn's, osteoporosis, and heart disease. Cinnamon tea is a natural, tasty way to fight and protect against the potentially destructive effects of inflammation.
- Cinnamon is filled with potent antioxidants - more than almost all other spices and herbs. Cinnamon's antioxidant levels are comparable with other high-antioxidant foods, as well - for example, just one teaspoon of ground cinnamon has as many antioxidants as 1/2 cup of blueberries! It's essential that we include antioxidant-rich foods and beverages in our diet, because antioxidants provide us with so many health benefits... They protect us from the effects of free radicals, prevent and fight chronic diseases (like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis), and reduce those signs of aging we dislike so much (like wrinkles and loss of skin elasticity)!
- Cinnamon improves circulation. Poor circulation can affect the body in all sorts of ways, from varicose veins to constipation to painful joints. Cinnamon tea is naturally warming and helps to increase blood flow. Cinnamon is a natural blood thinner, as well.
- Reduce swelling and the aches and pains of arthritis and rheumatism with a soothing cup of cinnamon tea.
- Cinnamon tea's reputation as a weight-loss tea is growing - with good reason. Not only do the antioxidants in cinnamon boost metabolism, but cinnamon also helps your digestive tract work the way it should (essential for weight loss - and for feeling good, too!). Cinnamon tea stabilizes blood sugar levels, so you feel satiated and have fewer cravings. Another benefit - cinnamon is a flavorful addition to your diet and, when your food tastes good, you'll feel satisfied sooner and eat less (meaning fewer calories going in!). Click here to learn more about cinnamon tea and weight loss.
- Ward off a chill with cinnamon tea. Are your hands and feet always cold? Does a brisk, chilly wind have you burying your icy nose behind a scarf? There's nothing like cinnamon tea to warm you when you feel chilled!
These aren't all of the benefits of cinnamon tea... you can learn more about cinnamon tea health benefits here!
If you'd like to learn more about the health and wellness benefits of spices (such as cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cardamom, and rosemary), a wonderful book to add to your tea library is Healing Spices by Bharat B. Aggarwal. It's filled with easy-to-understand information about the healing properties of 50 different spices, plus many delicious recipes to help you include more beneficial spices in your diet.
And, if you're interested in learning about some of the current scientific research targeting the benefits of cinnamon tea, please visit our Cinnamon Research pages.
Before you make your next cup of cinnamon tea from scratch or brew a cup of your favorite cinnamon blend, browse through these tips for making the perfect cup of cinnamon tea. Then, sit back and enjoy the intoxicating aroma and taste, knowing that you're providing your body and mind with many cinnamon health benefits!
Have a Great Story to Share about Cinnamon Tea Benefits?
Do you have a great experience to share about cinnamon tea and its health benefits? We'd love to hear it! Why not share your thoughts and opinions with our other readers? Join the conversation below...
What Other Visitors to Our Site Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Are there any risks in drinking cinnamon tea?
Because herbal teas contain active ingredients, every herbal tea may not be the best, healthiest choice for you. If you've been thinking of trying cinnamon tea, pay a visit to our Cinnamon Side Effects page to learn more about potential risks and contraindications in drinking cinnamon tea.
And, the next time you visit your healthcare provider, ask her whether cinnamon tea is a safe tea for you. She can let you know whether this tea may interact with any herbal remedies, treatments, or prescription or over-the-counter medications you're currently taking.